Never been to a B & B before?
Click here to learn more about the B & B experience.
Woodland Trails B & B—A Nice Place to Stay, With Something to Do.
New, not Old
Completed in 2003, Woodland Trails, a Minnesota Country Inn, was built to be a bed and breakfast with your comfort in mind. The building has all the modern construction elements, like sound-proofing, spacious guest rooms and fine common areas for guests’ use.
Rustic Inn, not Victorian
One guest said, “Woodland Trails feels like a Montana lodge made very elegant by Sandra’s tasteful decorating.”
Located Close to You
Located on the Wisconsin border between Hinckley Minnesota & Danbury Wisconsin, our inn is less than two hours from the Twin Cities, St. Cloud and Eau Claire WI and just over an hour from Duluth/Superior.
SOMETHING TO DO
- In the B & B: Great Room with wood-burning fireplace; Entertainment Room with big-screen TV and English billiard table.
- Out the windows: Birds, deer & other Minnesota wildlife.
- Grace Lake Too: Enjoy canoeing and paddle boating on our private pond.
- On the land: 500 acres of woodland with miles of private trails for hiking, cross-country skiing (bring yours) or snowshoeing (use ours).
- A Treasure Hunt game inside the B & B and a Geocaching challenge outdoors on the trails.
- A gazebo and deck overlooking the pond with a campfire that is ready to go.
- In the area: Shopping, hiking, biking, canoeing, cross-country skiing, snowmobiling, four-wheeling opportunities nearby.
- Casinos: Grand Casino in Hinckley and St. Croix Casino, Danbury, just four miles from Woodland Trails.
Men enjoy us too!
Ladies, have no fear! Your man will enjoy the inn as much as you because of the rustic atmosphere and things to do. One fellow, who was here with his wife celebrating their 1st anniversary said while landing a nice bass, “Honey, you couldn’t have made a better choice!”
The personal attention of John & Sandra
John and Sandra O’Reilly spent their working careers operating Plunkett’s Pest Control, a regional pest control service company based in the Twin Cities. When their daughter, Stacy, assumed leadership of the company in 2003, John and Sandra started their second career, as innkeepers at their newly built bed and breakfast. Located on 500 acres of Pine County woodland they have owned since the 1980s, the O’Reilly’s see the B & B as a way to meet and share their land with interesting people.
Your co-hosts are two black Labs, crossed with who-knows-what, named Lucky and Lady. They made their way to the inn from the Ozark National Forest in Arkansas through a heartwarming chain of events. For their full story, click here.
Born in about June, 2005, Lucky & Lady have very agreeable personalities and are the most mellow dogs you’ll ever meet.
Welcome to Woodland Trails!