Woodland Trails Bed and Breakfast
40361 Grace Lake Road
Hinckley MN 55037
For GPS Enthusiasts our coordinates are
N 46 01.335′ — W 092 26.789′
Woodland Trails B&B is located on the Wisconsin border, 23 miles east of Hinckley, MN. We are less than two hours from the Twin Cities, Eau Claire or St. Cloud and just over an hour from Duluth / Superior.
Scenic Route from the Twin Cities: See detailed directions at the bottom of this page.
Fast Route from the Twin Cities: Take I-35-E or -W north. At Hinckley, take MN Hwy 48 east for 23 miles to the St. Croix River. Just before crossing the river into Wisconsin, turn left (north) on Grace Lake Road. Woodland Trails is just a half mile up the road.
From Duluth / Superior: Take WI Hwy 35 south out of Superior. At Danbury, take WI Hwy 77 west 4 miles to the St. Croix River. Just after crossing the St. Croix, turn right on Grace Lake Road. Woodland Trails is just a half mile up the road.
From St. Cloud: Take Hwy 23 to Hinckley. From Hinckley take Hwy 48 east for 23 miles, to the St. Croix River. Just before crossing the river into Wisconsin, turn left (north) on Grace Lake Road. Woodland Trails is just a half mile up the road.
From southern Wisconsin and Illinois:
- Take I-94 to Eau Claire. Then, from Eau Claire:
- Take U.S. Hwy 53 north 76 miles to Spooner
- Take WI Hwy 70 west 26 miles to Siren
- Take WI Hwy 35 north 16 miles to Danbury
- Take WI Hwy 77 west 4 miles to the St. Croix River. Just after
crossing the St. Croix turn right on Grace Lake Road. Woodland Trails is
just a half mile up the road.
From Iowa & Nebraska:
Take I-35 to the Twin Cities, then follow either the Scenic Route below or Fast Route above from the Twin Cities to Woodland Trails.
Scenic Route from the Twin Cities:
- Take MN Hwy 36 east to Stillwater. If you have time, stop and browse through the downtown shops. For lunch we like Whitey’s at 302 Main Street.
- From Stillwater take MN 95 (Main Street) north 24 miles to U.S. Hwy 8. This is the most scenic leg of the trip.
- At Hwy 8 turn right (east) and follow it through Taylors Falls and over the St. Croix River to St. Croix Falls.
- Almost immediately after crossing the St. Croix take WI Hwy 87 north (left) 27 miles to Grantsburg.
- At the junction of Hwy 87 and 70, continue straight ahead. You will take a winding route through Grantsburg to the north end of town where you will find signs to Crex Meadows Wildlife Area and Burnett County Road F. On your way through Grantsburg, look for yellow geese painted on the roadway. Many of the geese are faded and hard to see but those at the corners have been repainted.
- From the start of County Road F at Crex Meadows check your odometer. Follow County Road F north for 24 miles.
- After 24 miles, there will be a sharp turn to the right (east) and a yellow street sign for “St. Croix Trail”. Follow St. Croix Trail north to WI Hwy 77. (This is a shortcut to Hwy 77. If you miss this turn, keep going on County Road F to WI Hwy 77.)
- At WI Hwy 77, turn left (west). Cross the St. Croix River. Immediately after crossing the river, turn right (north) on Grace Lake Road. We are just ½ mile up the road.