Why Choose Woodland Trails?
Woodland Trails Lodge and Cabin — Nice Places to Stay, With Something to Do.
New, not Old
Completed in 2003, Woodland Trails Lodge near Hinckley, Minnesota was built to be a country inn with your comfort in mind. The building has all the modern construction elements, like sound-proofing, spacious guest rooms and fine common areas for guests’ use.
Woodland Trails Cabin, built in 1985, was moved to its present location in 2003. At that time a walk-out lower level with two bedrooms and a bath were added. Also added was a screened porch. The Cabin, like the Lodge, has been continuously improved since.
Rustic Inn, not Victorian
One guest said, “Woodland Trails Lodge feels like a Montana lodge made very elegant by Sandra’s tasteful decorating.” (Some like the fact that Sandra’s decorating includes no doilies or teddy bears!)
Located Close to You
Located on the Wisconsin border between Hinckley, Minnesota & Danbury, Wisconsin, the Lodge and Cabin are less than two hours from the Twin Cities, St. Cloud and Eau Claire, WI and just over an hour from Duluth/Superior.
Something To Do
- In the Lodge: Great Room with wood-burning fireplace; Entertainment Room with big-screen TV and English billiard table.
- Out the windows: Birds, deer & other Minnesota wildlife.
- Grace Lake Too: Enjoy canoeing and paddle boating on our private pond.
- On the land: 500 acres of woodland with miles of private trails for hiking, cross-country skiing (bring yours) or snowshoeing (use ours). From May through October enjoy a complimentary golf cart.
- A Treasure Hunt game inside the B&B and a Geocaching challenge outdoors on the trails.
- A gazebo and deck overlooking the pond with a campfire that is ready to go.
- In the area: Shopping, hiking, biking, canoeing, cross-country skiing, snowmobiling, four-wheeling opportunities nearby.
- Casinos: Grand Casino in Hinckley and St. Croix Casino, Danbury, just four miles from Woodland Trails Bed and Breakfast.
Men enjoy us too!
Ladies, have no fear! Your man will enjoy the inn as much as you because of the rustic atmosphere and things to do.
The personal attention of John & Sandra
John and Sandra O’Reilly spent their working careers operating Plunkett’s Pest Control, a regional pest control service company based in the Twin Cities. When their daughter, Stacy, assumed leadership of the company in 2003, John and Sandra started their second career, as innkeepers at their newly built bed and breakfast. Located on 500 acres of Pine County woodland they have owned since the 1980s, the O’Reilly’s see the B&B, and now the Lodge and Cabin, as a way to share their land with interesting people.
Your First Impression
“Welcoming” is the first impression many guests get as they arrive at Woodland Trails Lodge. Everything about the house and grounds is made to help make you feel welcome, at home and comfortable.
Newly built to be an upscale B&B, Woodland Trails Lodge and Cabin each have a geothermal system to keep you toasty warm in winter and comfortably cool in summer. Soundproofing insulation in floors and walls ensures privacy.
You will find your room outfitted with upgraded furnishings and spotlessly clean.
There is a wide range of things to do during the day such as:
- Relaxing in the Lodge and Cabin, including enjoying the luxury of a nap after breakfast.
- Enjoying a stroll around the pond or, during the summer, paddle boating or canoeing. In winter, snowshoes are available for your use.
- Taking a day trip to Siren, Duluth / Superior or Hayward, Sandra’s favorite shopping town.
And – The common refrain
As you leave, you may utter the refrain: We’ll be back! It is gratifying that nearly half of the guests at Woodland Trails Bed and Breakfast were returning, some more than dozen times!